Scheduling and Coordinating Resources
In this project, students:
- Selected a sport to promote for the North Carolina High School Athletic Association.
- Identified stakeholders and the different ways they are impact the project.
- Next the teams broke down the project into individual tasks using sticky notes. The students had to :
- Determine the major deliverables/milestones to be produced.
- Divide each of the major deliverables/milestones into its smaller tasks.
Skill One - WBS
After the students completed the post it activity, they were able to easily transform their post it plan into an organized and profession looking Work Breakdown Structure.
Skill Two - Network Diagram
Next students took their information and created a Network Diagram to find the critical path of their project. The students worked together to brainstorm which activities proceeded one another, and which activities could be done at the same time to maximize efficiency in the project.
Skill Three - Gantt Chart
Once the WBS and Critical path were complete, students were able to take those activities/tasks and create a computerized Gantt chart. Students had to take planning, designing, design approval and manufacturing time into account.